Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Game Plan

First, I want to thank Jesse (boyfriend), Abby (sister), and Lacey (best friend) for your help and encouragement.  These three read my first post and immediately offered support and a workout buddy.  I am so honored to have you three in my life and I love you guys for your continued support for every step I take.

So the first workout is over.  I finally bit the bullet and started.  Here's my game plan...  I will be weighing in once a month and measuring myself twice a month. Measure days will be the 1st and 15th of every month and weigh in day will be the 15th of each month.

My starting measurements are:

Chest 43.5
Waist: 40 inches
Hips: 54 inches
Thigh (4 inches above knee): 28 inches


To keep myself on track, I will be using money.  Yes, MONEY! I am setting monthly goals (realistic goals) that I hope to reach in my weight loss.  If I reach my goal, I spend the amount of money on myself.  If I do not reach my goal, I will donate that money to a local charity.  I will say $15.00 is my "bribe" amount each month.  (With going back to school part time in a week and full time nursing school in a few months, I want an amount that I can afford to give away on any budget if I don't meet my goal).

My goal for this month is to lose 2 to 3 pounds per week.  Since I will be weighing in after only 2.5 weeks, I will set a goal of 8 pounds. Wish me luck!

Today's workout:
5 minutes walking at 3 mph
5 minutes walking at 3.5 mph
10 minutes on the elliptical
5 minutes on a stationery bicycle
2 minutes on a stair master (this is NOT going to be my friend...)
55 sit ups on the yoga ball
50 crunches on the abdomen machine at 50 pounds resistance
15 reps of throwing/squatting a 5 pound medicine ball

So today's workout was rather easy in hindsight, but I will be adding more each day.  I WILL MEET MY GOALS!

No comments:

Post a Comment